We are always keen to hear from individuals who have great crop knowledge (particularly onions, beet root or potatoes) but who also have some team management experience. If you feel your skills could benefit us then please send your details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have sites across East Anglia, Sussex, Northumberland and the Scottish Borders and have a variety of roles including those in grading, picking, storage and QC. If you are seeking some temporary work or would like to get some experience within agriculture, then send your details to email@example.com and someone will be in touch.
Crop Manager (November 2020)
Reporting to the Farming Director, the Crop Manager will manage a team of 15 focusing mainly on beetroot and onions. Working across the Cambridgeshire and Norfolk regions, this person will manage from seed to harvest and oversee all aspects of the day to day operations as well as working to budgets and having input into the future planning of the business.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure to fresh produce – beetroot and onions preferably as well as experience of working to high expectations when it comes to yield and quality. This will suit an energetic, positive person who can think strategically about the future. Experience of managing others is a must as is the ability to motivate and engage both experienced and inexperienced teams. There will also be the need to embrace the modern systems we have recently implemented including the business ERP that is responsible for ensuring accurate numbers around stock and purchasing.
We operate a wide range of modern machinery and make use of the latest technologies and systems available including Greenstar, Muddy Boots, YAGRO and Gatekeeper. This will be an exciting yet challenging role for someone keen to progress within a leading business.
The duties of the role vary throughout the year depending on the season and overall productivity but key responsibilities include:
- Run the farming enterprise based in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk
- Manage crop size and quality
- Manage and maintain sites and stores
- Maintain a good relationship with landlords
- Work with the Operations Manager to manage Health and Safety of sites and employees
- Ensure that standards of compliance are adhered to including Red Tractor and BRC
- Work with the existing Managers collaboratively to identify training needs and aid with coaching where needed
- Any other duties as they are required
Desired (but not all essential) experience, skills and qualifications
- Farm management and fresh produce experience
- Supervising of small teams
- Agriculture/related qualifications are advantageous
- Full driving licence
- Counterbalance and rough terrain forklift truck qualification
- Tractor driving
Training can be given on some of the above for a candidate with the right desire and motivation.
Details available on request.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter including details of salary expectations, location and reason for application to Donna Willimott – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are already working with an agency on an exclusive basis for this role. Any agencies wishing to submit their details for future roles, should email email@example.com.